The Associate Scientist will work with the Analytical Development team to develop and execute analytical methods to characterize T cell therapy manufacturing processes and products across the Atara EBV T-cell platform, with an emphasis on flow cytometric methods for characterization and lot release. The candidate will design and execute experiments, organize, document, analyze and interpret results using sound scientific principles. The candidate will present data to cross-functional teams, and thus strong written and verbal communication is essential.
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Analytical Development
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
- Work with Analytical Development Team to design, execute and troubleshoot flow cytometry assays
- Conduct routine testing and timely delivery of analytical data to support the process sciences organization as assigned
- Perform QC and maintenance of flow cytometers, identify problems and performance issues and report as needed
- Present experimental objectives and results to cross functional teams
- Ability to perform GMP operations including following detailed SOPs, maintaining training, and following good documentation practices
- Capable of making decisions independently and determining when to elevate to management, as appropriate in an environment that balances business need, quality, and compliance risk
- Documents laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail in laboratory notebooks
- Willingness to train in other laboratory processes as needed
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Master’s degree & 1+ year of directly related experience OR Bachelor’s degree & 3+ years of directly related experience
- Prefer B.S/ M.S in a biological sciences and 5 or more years of related experience
- Experience in multicolor flow cytometry and mammalian cell culture is required
- Experience with flow cytometry data analysis
- Experience developing and qualifying flow cytometry assays
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain lab execution records and perform data analysis.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
- Experience in cell therapy and GMP environment is desirable, but not required
- Basic understanding of GLP, GDP and GMP requirements
More About Atara Bio
We launched Atara Biotherapeutics in August 2012 to help patients with serious diseases and few therapeutic options. We are considered a leading off-the-shelf T-cell immunotherapy company (Nasdaq ATRA) developing novel treatments for patients with cancer, autoimmune and viral diseases.
We’re proud of our team of 400+ Atarians co-located by design in 4 different locations including South San Francisco (corporate headquarters), Thousand Oaks (R&D and manufacturing headquarters), Zug, Switzerland (european headquarters) and a R&D site in the Denver, Colorado area. Our Southern California hub is anchored by a new 90,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Atara T-Cell Operations and Manufacturing (ATOM) facility.
Our mission – “Transform the lives of patients with serious medical conditions through pioneering science, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence.”
Our vision - “T-Cell Immunotherapy for every patient, any time.”
Visit www.atarabio.com to learn more.
Atara Bio is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and other lawful factors. In accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, expression or dysphoria, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, transgender status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws or because of the individual’s association with a member of a protected group or connection to an organization or group related to a protected group.
We comply with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Atara Bio in the United States.